Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Reflections and the story of my life....

All three girls participated in the Reflections contest this year with the theme of "the story of my life." They all worked really hard and were really creative. 
Taryn decided to sew a story book bag. Of couse since it was the story of Taryn it was bright and cheerful and hand sewn and held a lot of books. She didn't win but she really put more thought and effort and creative skill into than most of the projects. I was really proud of her. 
Cami decided to write and perform a piano composition about the story of her life. It had highs and lows and fasts and slows. She had never done any music writing so it was a whole new world for her and she did really well. She did win in her catagory. 
Jocelyn wrote and illustrated a book about horses. She googled and googled how to draw horses and read all about them. She wrote a book about the life cycle of a horse and it was really funny. She's a kid really into her research. In the end she made a really great book and she also won in her catagory at  her school. Somehow I didn't get a picture of it.
I'm so proud of these girls and their ability to think and create. I really value that kind of learning.


No comments: