The 5th graders have a program called Give Me Liberty. I think it is a nation wide program but not all schools participate. It is a really involved program. The kids memorize the declaration of Independence, parts of the constitution, all of the presidents of the US, states, capitols, facts like state birds and mottos and themes...Anyway it is a load of extra learning and REALLY challenging if your primary learning style is not memorization. There are three levels of awards and instead of having the deadline be in May like it was in the past for some reason they concluded the program in February which meant WAY less time to pass off the criteria. Taryn worked really hard and did in fact pass off like 10 of the 13 I think. She was able to win an award and she should feel really good about this since her learning style is not memorization...she worked REALLY hard to do this and I was REALLY proud of her efforts....Here are pictures of the give me liberty program. And the shirts they made were awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment