Monday, October 21, 2013

Fall Soccer Galore!

This fall has been so stinking busy with three girls on three different teams and me coaching two of the teams... Three games, four practices and lots of sweaty cleats, shine gaurds, shorts, and jerseys.



 
Jocelyn is on the "Snow whites" soccer team and it has been so fun to coach these girls. Jocelyn single handedly distracted every player on the field during the first game with news of a butterfly...except one girl on the other team who was smart enough to dribble right into the goal. Her team in general is really pretty good for a U4/U5 team. A few of the girls actually pass the ball once or twice a game and a few others pass it inadvertently sometimes...And I only have to take two of them by the hand to help them run around...So it has been good times. Jocelyn is #5...
 
Taryn decided she wanted to give soccer another try. I think the jury is still out on whether she will stick with it but it has been fun. When she is on and motivated by a doughnut for scoring or stopping a score  she is ON. When it is a less exciting/motivating moment she is content to watch the clouds go by. A lot of her friends are on the team and I co coach it...I think it is good for Taryn to have a little more of my attention in her activities and wow it is teaching me how to keep a practice fast moving and engaging. Her team is the "pink dynamites" and they are actually a really good team, winning all but a couple games. 

 
Cami is playing with her competitive team (United SG) again this season and it has been a great season. She is getting better at getting in the middle of things rather than waiting for things to come her way. She has been playing mid field and likes it there. Cam has endurance to run forever even if she is not the fastest. She is determined and honest in her play and I love watching her.
 
And just for the record Creed has been a really good sport cheering at all the games...he really does clap his hands and yell every time I say "GO (whoever)" he mimics me...

 






No comments: