Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Super Duper X2!

It's that time of year again...the time when I worry as a parent that one kid works so hard and doesn't get recognized and one kid just naturally gets acclaim (though she is fantastic and deserves it)...
BUT mercy is real in that both girls got awesomeness awards the first month this school year. I could have cried in thankfulness and relief.
Taryn was awarded the super scholar award. She really has worked like a crazy lady with her reading the last year. She started school last year on a reading level 4...We had work to do and at the beginning of this year she started at a reading level 40. Not only did she improve that much with fluency and comprehension but she now reads at 120 words per minute. Not to mention she probably has the neatest hand writing a second grader has ever had. I love this kid for not giving up. I love this kid for working so hard even when and especially when she struggled. I love this kid for her perseverance. I love her teacher for noticing and recognizing her...
Cami was awarded the super citizen award. She is a phenomenal student. She always has been and it comes easier to her than most. BUT I am really proud that she spends her spare time helping other kids finish their assignments and making sure that everyone has a friend at recess. She is very gentle with kids who struggle and she follows all rules to the T. I have never been worried that maybe she isn't quite behaving like she should. I feel 100% confident that she is respectful and kind to everyone and that is such a nice feeling to have as a parent.
Anyway, I could brag about these two all day but basically I will just say that they kick bum and I love every little inch of these girls!
 




 

No comments: