Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Taryn's Great 8

 Taryn! Sometimes said as a curse word but usually out of love....I can't believe she is the big 8. She is a 500 level parenting course and I honestly do thank her for that. She has taught me to count to ten before I loss it and if that fails I am acquainted with time out. She has taught me to love so deeply. She has taught me to think more creatively with discipline and reminded me that discipline is for teaching not for torturing. She has taught me that life is way more fun when you don't worry about the details. She has taught me that effective communication requires eye contact-for both people involved....When I get distracted she lets me know I am not listening. I do the same for her. The list could go on and on and I know she will teach me so much more...whether I mean to learn or not...
I love this kiddo. I respect this kiddo. She has such a strong personality. She will never be pushed into doing something she doesn't want to-I just have to figure out how to help her want good things... She loves life. She enjoys life. She is so committed to everything she does. She is so intense. And yet she has such a kind heart. She plays so great with her younger sister. She spontaneously changes Creeds diaper whenever she feels the need. She can walk in high heels better than I can and loves make up without bounds. Again I could go on and on but really I just hope she feels my love for her as intensely as she loves me.
 
If only a photo had a volume...
 She requested a square stacked up cake like Haley's wedding cake for her birthday...with orange frosting...and instead of a skiing girl and boy on top a soccer ball...so this is what she got.
posing for the action shot
the real action shot-amazing since our camera has the biggest delay before actually taking a picture...
Spoiled girl

The mom who lives her like a crazy lady!
The dad who loves her like a crazy lady...
So we had to make a trip up north on the day of her birthday. The night before we had Grandma, Uncle John, and the Thompsons over for a family party. The next morning Brent took her out for the tradition daddy bday child breakfast. I took doughnuts to her class at school and then we left for up north. On the way she opened a special car ride gift (a new Barbie movie-always a hit with this girl). and when we got there the Lutze cousins had made cupcakes to continue the celebration. I think she had a pretty awesome day. And incidentally she got to get her ears pierced a little early just because we knew we had this trip. She didn't complain.

No comments: