Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Marathon...not really but we got in the spirit...


One great thing about living in St George is the race season. The city has a marathon, some half marathons, tons of 5K/10Ks, the iron man, etc....Seriously there are races pretty much every month. Every year when we watch the marathon I think I could totally do that...And every year I don't do it...for several reasons...BUT this my niece Madison was running the marathon and we got into the spirit of it by doing the mayor's walk. We do the last few miles of the marathon course  and then get to be at the finish when the first finishers finish. Anyway, the girls wanted to sprint the race but Brent and I were happy to get all kids and ourselves across the finish line in one piece without screaming or tears not in last place. (We had to be up at the start of the race at like 630 I think...) And who knows...maybe next year we'll tackle the real marathon...
 
The whole gang before....
The whole gang after...if you look close you can even see the mayor in the back ground...

Oh I totally forgot the really awesome part of the morning. So when we got to the park the radio station was using bib numbers to raffle off prizes. We registered the night before at about the last possible time to register...In our family of 6 we won three prizes...Yup we pretty much spanked it! Taryn won a 20$ gift certificate, Creed won a free membership for a month to the Washington rec center, and Cami won a tee shirt...


No comments: