Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Spring 2015 Soccer X3

I love spring soccer. First it is not as hot or as long a season. Second it is soccer...I coached Jocelyn's and Taryn's teams and Cami played on her competitive team. Jocelyn and Taryn somehow end up the same color as each other every season and this year they even had the same number...Both teams started off a little slow but by the end of the season they were really getting the game better. 
Taryn proved to be a great mid fielder since she is aggressive enough to not get knocked off the ball...and if she does it fuels her fire to knock someone else around. Her natural aggression suits her well on the field. Her team had three girls on it that had never played soccer before so by the end of the season when they were getting passes in and crossing the ball across the goal I considered it a great success even though they only won like two games. 
Jocelyn's team finally started scoring goals by the end of the season and it is always my favorite to watch this age of kid try to figure out which way to dribble and who is on their own team....Good times.
Cami worked really hard this season as forward. She continued to develop and stick with it and at the end of the season she finished with an awesome goal in her last game. Her whole team is really starting to pass well and look like a real team. They are getting the strategy and can execute hard plays. They are also at the age where they have random growth spurts that make them clumsy for a game when they are normally very coordinated...never a dull moment. I love watching them play and progress. 
Jocelyn's "green mermaid" team


Taryn's "grease lightening" team....after our team party...somehow taking pictures didn't seem important as I was trying to coach during a game....



Cami's team "united" 




No comments: