I absolutely freaking LOVE having a little boy. It isn't a secret that when I found out Creed was a boy I was a little nervous...I mean boys are way different than girls. And now I am so thankful he is different and awesome in his own little boy ways.
Creed has had a fascination with garbage trucks for about a year now. He won't even take a nap if the garbage man hasn't come for the day...He was on first name basis with ours until we just recently got a new one. It was common for us to walk the whole street house by house watching him work.
So a light finally dawned on me the other day....I wonder if you tube has garbage truck videos.....I should also preface this by saying I don't think Creed has ever in his 3 years sat still for long enough to watch any kind of show.....I googled garbage truck videos and called Creed in...He sat there mesmerized for a half hour....
I told him we had watched enough and we had to turn it off and wow DRAMA! I didn't know he had it in him. I have always loved his boy nature of getting over things fast (wounds, irritations, etc). I don't know exactly how long he cried on the floor kicking and screaming but it was more than 45 minutes....more than enough drama for this mama! But I love him for it! The kid is committed to his loves. And we have since watched a few more videos with the exact same response.......I love that he is passionate about his little fixations...now if I can just convince our neighbor who fixes garbage trucks to take him for a ride he will be in heaven.....
Buddy love!
Loading and unloading "garbage" in his dump truck....
PS...now he is also requesting a recycle truck and recycle man to play with......


No comments:
Post a Comment