Cami is the champ! at least at her school... She brought home a geography bee packet one day and I am constantly looking for stuff to challenge her so I told her she needed to learn 10 of the facts a day until the geography bee. We even looked up stuff on our new globe we got for Christmas...Well that lasted a couple days until we got distracted with other projects....
Then one day she came home from school and said"Guess what? I totally won the school geography bee. I get to go to the district one now...." Huh, who knew....I guess she absorbed a lot those few days of study before I forgot about making her study or even when the geography bee was....I would love to see how she would have done had she really studied.
The district bee was apparently a much more formal competitive affair than I was expecting and Cami psyched herself out a little in the nerves department when she saw how formal it was....She did well but missed a question she totally knew the answer to...a great time to learn a life lesson about being a good sport in winning or losing or preparation makes a difference or just that she is super loved whether she totally kicks bum or not....Hopefully all three lessons were learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment