Thursday, April 16, 2015
Hello Susan B. Anthony aka Cami
So Cami participated in the History Fair/Wax Museum at her school recently. Each student was asked to choose someone who had impacted American History and research them. They had to write a paper, make a poster, dress up, and act like a statue until some one pushed their "button." When their button was pushed they had all prepared a short memorized presentation. Cami was totally into this project....She even let me comb her hair. We went shopping at the thrift store and found great old lady clothes. She was ready like two weeks before the actual fair just because she was having fun. AND in my opinion she was a rock star! She chose an actual influential person (not just a sports super star although I do like sports stars) that made a difference in who are are as a country now. She voiced right even when that wasn't the order of the day...She did such a great job. Here is her presentation:
Hello. I am Susan B. Anthony. I was born in 1820. I lived in a time when men and women were not equal. My family believed otherwise, and sent me to school although not many girls went. When I was older I could not vote or do other things, because I was a woman. I thought this was unfair and I started fighting for women's rights. I met many women who believed the same things I did, One of the women I met was Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and we started a women's rights group. We spoke in front of congress and started a newspaper called The Revolution. This newspaper told about the women's struggle for their rights. I was also the first U. S. woman to get my face on a coin. These things made me a leader in America's history. Thank you for listening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment