Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Radiant Roadrunners

I love the end of year programs at school. I get all spilling over proud and have to remind myself not to whoop and holler too much in a place where they are trying to teach appropriate behavior....Anyway, both girls had great school years. Their teachers were both super in tune with their needs and I genuinely felt their care/concern/like of/ for my kiddos. (Did that make sense?) I can't pay a teacher a higher compliment than to say that they left my child better than they found them and I can say that about both their teachers. I have felt really blessed to have my kids where they are and with the people they are with.
Taryn worked really hard this year and it showed big time by the end of the year. Her reading is ginormously better and she now actually likes it. At every parent teacher conference we went to her teacher told us how much he likes to listen to her read because she does all the voices for the characters-especially the girl characters she gets all high pitched for...She did all the extra projects offered and spanked the science fair (which is good since I made her spend 3 hours typing up her project all by herself). She persevered through more speech classes and helped a classmate with special needs in an extra PE class each week. She has a kind heart. And after a close call with tardies (she didn't want to get out of the car when it was cold outside) she did receive the radiant roadrunner award for being awesome in 2nd grade. I am proud of this girl because she works hard and kicks trash.
Cami also worked hard this year and even decided to put on a 4th grades got talent program. To her teacher's credit she let Cami go crazy and organize this huge talent show and invited the other classes and sent home notes to parents about it. Her teacher also had her create a big power point presentation for the 4th grade end of the year program to challenge her...and Cami gets a kick out of stuff like that. The best slide was one that showed the state of Utah with a heart and the state of California with a big x through it...(the words of the song said Utah was the best place to be etc...) I laughed so hard. (Don't get me wrong I do like CA, I just loved Cami's literal sense of humor too). Cami was also a really good friend to some kiddos who had a harder time and I was happy that she has such a kind heart. In the end she too won the Radiant Roadrunner award for 4th graders and was asked to be on the student council next year.
Anyway, here are pictures from their programs and their teachers.










No comments: