It happened....I got old and I didn't even realize it. Brent out did himself on my birthday. Seriously it was the best day...or maybe I should say week. Starting about a week before my birthday I kept finding notes stashed all over the house from family and friends. Brent had emailed them and asked them to share a memory or happy thought with me. He printed them out and hid them in funny places and just waited for me to find them. It was such a fun thing to hear from so many that I love.
The day of my birthday I slept in while he got everyone up and off to school. Then we went out to breakfast and I noticed that he had decorated the neighborhood....which would explain why neighbors kept texting me all day telling me happy birthday...After breakfast we spent the morning at a funeral...kind of fitting for a 4oth bday... but in all honesty it was a blessing in disguise since I got to see siblings who were in town that I wasn't expecting to see. After the funeral we got lunch and I headed out to a surprise afternoon at a spa. Brent had arranged for me to get a facial and massage. It was great. Then my sisters surprised me and met up with me for the best pedi I've ever had (not that I've had too many but it was really great). When I got home Brent was grilling the worlds best ribs...SO Good! It was a really good day and I ended it feeling really grateful for my family and friends.





No comments:
Post a Comment