Sunday, August 05, 2012

The Cousins that came to play

YEA! Our Lutze's came to visit! Brent's sister and her gang came to play for a few days and it was great! Rachael told the kids spy/special agent stories until late every night and Jocelyn has discovered Knuckle Eddy and his tickling... (Uncle Freddy) The weather was really awesome considering this is St George and it was July (only in the 90s and it even rained a little).
Friday when they got here we headed to Sand hallow and water skied, tubed, and played in the sand until it was too dark to play anymore. It was so exciting to see Hannah actually get up water skiing and Carolyn proved she's still got what it takes. Brent even got up despite me driving and stalling the boat.-not my finest hour but I did my best.
Saturday morning we walked to a park and played then in the afternoon we all went to Brave. The girls LOVED it. Afterwards we did a little shopping action then the girls watched Hairspray performed at Tuacahn and the boys stayed home and ate something REALLY garlicky. 
Sunday we had a quiet day and relaxed. 
Monday we went hiking at Kannara Falls. It was just as awesome as it was a few weeks before when we did it with the Rice family. Cami and Taryn hiked even further and slide down the natural waterfalls (but I hear later that "it REALLY hurts your bum").  That night the Lutze's went to Tuacahn and saw Aladdin. 
Tuesday was a holiday here-Pioneer Day. I had to help with a pancake breakfast and kids activity but the Lutze's joined us then we went swimming at the community pool. Thanks to Aunt Carolyn for holding Creed the whole time so Jocelyn could swim with mommy. 
We always love it when the Lutze's come and start looking forward to the next time before they are even out of the neighborhood.
Pulling the boat right up to the beach...
Mmmm! Cookies!
The kids did a lot of burying in the sand...
I asked Taryn if she was taking a mud bath and she told me she was "exfoliating" We are going to need all the prayers we can get to make it through the teen years....
Creed getting acquainted with Knuckles Eddy...I think he likes him...
Swimming "way far out"
Creed testing out the water...
testing it again with Natalie
Rachel getting really close to verticle-seriously like 2 more tries and she would have spanked it!
Rachael helping Hannah figure out the skis...I hope when Cami and Taryn are this age they are as nice to each other as Rachael and Hannah are to each other.
Hannah and her terror as she realizes a boat is pulling her fast across water with only to board strapped to her for protection...
Amy up...lucky...
Carolyn's still got it after 15 or 20 years of not skiing.

Brent wondering if he should really trust me to drive the boat...
Jocelyn wondering if Daddy should really trust mommy driving the boat...once I did take off she was definitely very nervous...good thing Rachael was holding her tight or she could have been wondering from the middle of the lake...
Yes, I can totally be trusted...until I slow down so much that Brent is no longer on top of the water....or until I just keep doing so many circles that Brent gets sea sick...

Brent would secretly LOVE to own this sail boat...it is his goal...and doesn't aunt Carolyn take fabulous pictures?

Creed loves to grab my face and plant really big slobbery suckery kisses...I love this boy! And yes it hurts so good...


When Hannah got up!



Taryn on Rachael's back within the first 30 seconds of the hike...Rachael is a good sport and luckily Taryn decided to hike after Rachael got her up the big hill.












No comments: