I was so proud of my swimmers this summer. They all moved up a level and worked really hard. I think this private lady is worth every penny more than the public pools.
Jocelyn took lessons for one week and could totally swim underwater a quarter length of the pool but in between each turn she would cry "I want my mommy! I want my mommy!" . She was so funny. She would get in and swim then jump out and come over for her towel to dry her face and drain her ears. As soon as she was fixed up she would run back over and wait for her next turn. After that first week there was no more crying and it was hard to keep her out of the pool on Cami and Taryn's turn...She moved up to level 2 and does a great job. She is not a real fan of back floating but I think the water goes into her ears and bothers her (she has tubes). Kind of a bummer after two weeks she got bilateral ear infections and I think next time we'll have to put plugs in to keep the water out.
Taryn moved up to level 3 and it was good for her. She really was pushed to keep up and not drowned. Also by the end of lessons she was swimming farther and messing around less. Her favorite part was after her lesson (during Cami's) hanging out with Kennedy (swim teachers 11 yr old daughter) and reading her American Girl magazine.
Cami really impressed me and I would love to see her do a swim team next year. She moved up to level 4 mid summer and really did work hard. She learned the butterfly stroke and how to save a friend in trouble and how to tread water for several minutes. She also learned side stroke which is one of her favorites. She is actually getting good enough at swimming that I don't feel nervous for her to be in water without me. She still needs some strengthening but overall she is doing great! These pictures were taken the last week of classes (although I am going to take Jocelyn again when the big girls start school next week).
Jocelyn swimming for the steps and having fun doing it.
Head under, kicking, and doing zippers...Watch out Micheal Phelps and Ryan Lochte...Jocelyn's in the house/pool! I wish I knew how to post video on here because it really is fun to watch her go for it.
Taryn made it from one end to the other several times before lessons ended...
When she gets her feet up she is a regular little motor boat...
I think this is a little side stroke action-she is actually moving the water hard enough to make some bubbles! Go Cami Go!
And now a little backstroke action and I think she is even smiling as she strokes...
No comments:
Post a Comment