Sunday, July 08, 2012

Swimming - summer is here!

Summer doesn't feel like summer until we have spent half the day at swimming lessons. Luckily for us lessons started the Monday after school got out. I wasn't sure how the girls would do since we haven't gone swimming tons this winter but they just picked up right where they left off from last year. Of course the water was freezing so I waited until July to start Jocelyn but when I did she swam great and protested great-surprising after wrestling her for weeks to keep her out of the pool during the older girls lessons. 
Swimming day one...Cami's ready to go after a goggles adjustment.

Taryn with a big thumbs up rarin' to go. Hopefully this year she doesn't spend half her class time trying to convince the teacher not to make her swim so far. "Closer. No Closer..."
because clearly she totally can swim farther and farther....
Slowly but surely my kiddos are getting sea worthy. I just think they have needed to develop some muscle mass to be able to propel themselves with any force....

No comments: