You know that song:
I love mother, she loves me
We love brother yes sirree
He loves us and so you see
We are a happy family
I love daddy, he loves me
We love sister yes sirree
She loves us and so you see
We are a happy family
(or something close ish to that)
I love my family. I especially love my family when they are loving each other. We have normal kids that do normal kid things...like yell and hit and cry. BUT they also all love each other so much that I can't imagine a more blessed life. They are connected by blood but also by sincere friendship.
Once my mom told me the best gift you could give a child was a sibling. When I first heard that I thought ya right...There will be less of my attention and love for each one. After we had Taryn I realized the truth of what she said. I realize it more and more with each child. My love for each person isn't at all diminished. It grows for each one when I see how much they love someone that I do too. A sister and now a brother is truly the kindest way I can show my kids I love them...
So even though I think four makes a really nice complete family I am so grateful that these four (and Brent) are mine and that they have each other. Our family wouldn't be as perfect any other way.
Jocelyn with her inability to restrain the love and Creed with his ability to accept such fierce love.
Last Saturday Creed got woken up an hour early from nap time and he was fussing just a little. I was ignoring it so he'd go back to sleep and finish his nap. Cami asked if she could go get him and I said no just let him go back to sleep and then he'll feel a lot happier later. She couldn't take no for an answer. I went down the hall five minutes later and this is what I found... I guess maybe "happier later" was less happy than cuddling and happy now...
Taryn is in afternoon kindergarten and every morning she and Jocelyn are busy making mischief together...It is a good thing Jocelyn still takes an afternoon nap because she would be lost without a sister to play with- a sister who is teaching her the ropes of how to be girly and fierce...
Again Cami's favorite spot...every day after school. She and Taryn both race to the car after school yelling "I get to hold baby bubba (his intrauterine nickname) first!!!!" "No I do!" "No I said it first!" At which point I usually say no I did, I said it so early that neither of you were here to hear it.....then they take turns...
Pillow fight gone dog pile...Too bad pictures don't have volume or you would have to turn this one down...They love each other really loudly sometimes...
The morning play date....Taryn and Jocelyn finding "fashionable" outfits...
My daddy is my favorite pal and I help him everyday...Its plain to see I want to be like him in every way...
Before Cami's baptism she just really wanted a picture of her and Creed...What a good little boyfriend he is to all these girls in this house. I don't think it will every be possible for him to doubt he is LOVED!
No comments:
Post a Comment