Saturday, May 05, 2018

master piece math skills/home decor

Taryn is a good student and takes a lot of honors classes. In honors math she basically gets harder content, more work, and a bonus big project each trimester. 
Her last trimester honors project was to design a house and calculate how much flooring and paint she would need and then figure out the cost. Taryn totally dove into this project full tilt. She did all the design work and calculations. Then she full on built a model of the house. But then on top of that she decorated the house with all this hand made mini furniture. She made area rugs and shower curtains and books and desks and all sorts of furniture. It was amazing. I love that her teacher thinks outside the box to challenge her and I love that she embraces challenge and takes it up several notches. She spent literally hours and hours beyond what was asked and I really really appreciate and value Taryn's work ethic....what a rock star! 


No comments: