For three days in June Brent and I went on a pioneer trek.Our kids hung out with Grandma Rice. We were responsible for 10 teenage kids and we hiked 23 miles over the course of three days. It was a really good experience to help these teenagers (and us adults) gain appreciation for what our ancestors accomplished and suffered through. We took care of a lot of blisters, heat stroke, insect bites, utis, and aching bodies. We also had a blast square dancing when we thought we couldn't walk another step.and camping in the desert and pulling hand carts. All I can say is I am super thankful I was born when I was...no dresses and no desert trekking except by choice...And I am super thankful for the sacrafices my ancestors made so that I could have the comfortable life I do enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment