So somehow I got pictures of only Taryn and Jocelyn but not of Cami who actually won. Oh well. Cami studied reading speeds (electronic vs paper). It was pretty interesting. The best part was I didn't even know it was science fair time. She did it ALL herself without prompting or encouragement. It was just done and by the way mom I won....High five for that!
Taryn busted out a project and always does a good job making her posters look nice. I make her type all her stuff out because the typing practise is good for her despite the fact that it takes three times longer to do...Luckily she is a hard worker. She studied if a balloon filled with water could withstand more weight without popping than a balloon filled with air...
Jocelyn was really into her science project and I love it when real life curiosity coinsides with assignments...I was genuinely interested in her project and it was so her. She wanted to know if chemicals in a pool really keep the water cleaner. She tested the water in two containers (one with chemicals and one without) for clarity every day and took pictures. She learned how to make a chart and insisted on doing it all by herself (again high five for independent learning). It was fun and we are now committed to keeping the pool chemicals in check.
I am proud and love these kids for all their hard work and curiosity and learning. It is so fun to see the world through their eyes!



No comments:
Post a Comment