I can't believe Creed had his fourth birthday. It doesn't seem like it possibly could have been four years ago that he joined the Weight gang and made our lives infinitely more exciting. It is so fun to have a boy in the family, especially this specific boy. He is so busy and interested in so many things the girls never even thought about-like garbage men and fire men and poop and spitting and burping...He is also the most loving, expressive, cuddly kid. He is the only kid I know that randomly, whenever the inkling strikes busts out with "I just LOVE you mommy!" accompanied by a huge hug and smooch....And he does it several times a day. He genuinely loves and shows it. I am so lucky to have a kid who loves me and tells me and shows me...
He is such good buddies with Jocelyn. They are constantly playing and fighting and playing some more. They crack each other up and keep each other occupied...usually in mischief like flooding the bathroom or making mud pies or dumping out lots of puzzles at the same time.
It sort of stinks that his birthday is sooo close to christmas because it is really hard to think of gifts again so soon. But this year I figured I would let him have cool experiences instead of just gifts...(Don't worry I did get him a gift, his very own trash can to wheel around the yard...)
Our first stop was the firestation and the guys there were AWESOME! They gave him a full tour of four different fire trucks. They turned on all the lights and showed him their map book. They answered all of his questions and showed him all their tools. They even let him try on their clothes which ended up being REALLY heavy. They even gave him his very own special fireman helmet and coloring book. Seriously they spent like an hour helping him have a great day and I can't say enough nice things about them.
After we grabbed Jocelyn from school we headed up to the garbage company head quarters. The too were AWESOME! They gave us safety vests and let us wander around and climb in the trucks. They let Creed honk the horn and see the back up lights. They let him look in the guts of one being repaired. The answered all his questions and look in all their trash cans...for like another hour...At the end they gave Jocelyn and Creed mini garbage cans with suckers inside...They must have gotten instructions on how to charm little boys. Creed seriously had the best time.
Creed is such a loved little man. And he generally is a happy smiling ball of energy...We are so blessed to have this loving, crazy boy in our house. We are so in love with him and all the funny things he says...I just wish I wrote down more of the funny things he says because he truly is hilarious and has a super expressive face.
He's come a long ways...he was so little and cute....now he is just getting so big and cute...














No comments:
Post a Comment