Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Locks of LOVE and lots of love

Every year before school starts and after summer swimming all the kids get hair trims. For the longest time Taryn's hair didn't grow very fast or thick. I kept it in a short bob hoping that eventually it would thicken up. She hated her short hair and always begged to grow it out like Rapunzel...it got worse after she saw Tangled....So after her prekindergarten cut I let it grow...and grow...and grow with just a few trims when it needed it. This year when we went to get everyone trimmed Cami went first and got it trimmed a very little bit. Jocelyn got hers trimmed a very little bit. And Taryn hopped up on the chair and told our lady I want to go short this time....We discussed it for SEVERAL minutes and as always she knew exactly what she wanted and stuck to her guns...I told her if she was going short she could/should donate it to locks of love. And so she did and she looks soooo cute!


A year ago I let each kiddo choose one thing to grow and Taryn chose sunflowers that were as tall as our house. This year Jocelyn and Taryn wanted to grow sunflowers so we ended up with a ton of them that were very loved and watered. They grew taller than our house...




No comments: