Saturday, February 09, 2013

Sweet Sweet Camilla turns 9!

Sweet Sweet Camilla had a birthday and she is practically a woman...9...Can you believe she is 9? I love this big little girl so much.
She is the type of kid that makes you feel like a good parent even when her successes have absolutely nothing to do with my parenting. She is sensitive and thoughtful and funny and helpful and smart. She is so obedient that I have to be super careful not to take too much advantage of that.
She loves reading and if you get her talking about a book be prepared to listen for hours. She is starting to be embarrassed around boys and care about how she dresses a little...She is still tall and lean and often quiet and shy.
She is still picky about food in weird ways (like she only likes grapes if they are pulled of the vine in the right way or food if it is not mixed in any way with any other food-like salad has to be  just plain lettuce for her to eat it).
She bites her finger nails and can ignore anyone if she is involved in something-she can focus like there's no tomorrow. Because of her focus she is super efficient at things like homework and chores.
She is a good big sister and really very patient, especially with Creed. He totally trusts her and they are good buddies. She is just basically such a great person and every day I am  excited to see what she learns and who she becomes. I am so lucky to be her mom...
How she started....











And time flew because we were having so much fun and look where we are now....




2 comments:

Alli E. said...

Such a darling girl! I never knew "Cami" was short for Camilla! So pretty!

about us said...

She is a beauty for sure....inside and out!