Thursday, February 07, 2013

Buddy Boy is 1!

What can I say about my beautiful boy? I am so happy to have a boy. At first the idea of a boy scared me to death...so many new things for me to figure out how to deal with and how to teach him and he has equipment I am not especially familiar with...But then I realized I was only afraid of the unknown and in general the imagined unknow situations are far worse than reality so I relaxed and fell in love. 
He is really my best little boyfriend ever (while Brent is the best big boyfriend ever). I smooch and love him and he loves back. He is such a happy go lucky kid. I feel like he honestly appreciates me and that is a weird vibe to pick up from a kiddo but honestly he appreciates me. 
He laughs so easily and is the most ticklish kid I have ever seen. He gets all excited for his sisters (like when we go pick them up from school) and I love having kids that usually love each other. He can play really independently and can get into tons of mischief independently (or with Jocelyn). 
He likes to hang out with me in the bathroom while I get ready in the mornings...content to hang out and unroll the toilet paper. He likes being outside and he likes food except anything green. Basically if you have a 4th kid he is the perfect one to have. We are so lucky to have him as part of our family and we love every inch of him (even his non familiar equipment) :) 

The way he started....

Pink up little man...pink up...
World's best nurse-seriously she made no drugs no biggie...


World's best doctor who finally got him unwedged from my pelvis...
So unsure about how to dress a boy baby...



So alert and interested in life right from the start...

I haven't seen this face in a while but he did it frequently as a baby when he was unsure about what was going on...or when Jocelyn wielded the camera - kind of the same thing....
He was so little but chunky at the same time...



Such a good little helper.
The happy family despite the look on every one's faces....


And then time flew...and BUDDY BOY turned 1!!!!!


The night before his actual birthday we had a family party...He LOVED  his pizza and grapes...
How could you  not feel loved and appreciated when that is your  thank you  face...

And now the race car track cake...I have never seen a kid more appreciative and genuinely  so happy about his birthday. He just soaked up the attention. And knew that he should grab an Oreo...

But what to do with the Oreo once you get it? HMMMM...

Oh he figured it out!



And after this he stayed awake singing to himself in his crib for 2 hours-not fussy at all-just really really sugared up and oh SO happy....

The way he spent his actual birthday...

Playing with the kitchen...his favorite toy at the moment.

Then he climbed into the chair and out of the chair and into the chair and out of the chair...

Then he decided to play with Cami's little chair and got really stuck ...and then of course saved and loved on...

Then he was hungry and swiped Jocelyn's oranges grapes and cheese...

After a good nap he played with magnets and chucked them all over the kitchen...

After dinner he opened presents and fell in love with his new BYU cougar blanket...It's never too soon to become a cougar.

And yea for firetrucks and boy toys...

Creed is ready for the bike trailer now and we couldn't be happier about that...

And then he went crazy with new bath toys and I have never seen a 1 year old make so many baskets in anything let alone a little net...He might make Brent and Papa proud...Aunt Rebekah would be happy to know he might resemble Jimmer more than we first thought...(that was her name suggestion and he is totally living up to it so far).

No comments: