It's nice to start the school year off right. At the end of each month Cami's school awards a kid in each class with a super scholar award. She was awarded super scholar the first month. She really loves to read and does it faster than myself or Brent (honestly). She got sick last June (yes right after she finished 1st grade) for a couple of days...She read the first Harry Potter the first sick day, the second Harry Potter the next sick day and by the end of two weeks had finished all seven books. At first we were like no way she is just skipping over parts but then we'd ask her questions and she'd know everything we were talking about and ask us really thoughtful questions in return. I think she has read them all at least 3 times if not 4 by now...Now if we can just slow her down enough to write legibly we'll be in business!
Saturday, November 05, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So Gabe has really been missing Cami lately! First, she is amazing. Gabe is behind in his reading, and we read every night. I wish he was doing as good as she is! Second, I love traditions too! I grew up with a lot of traditions and I do think they bring family closer together. And third, Jocelyn sounds like a crazy baby! Kyle is the same way, into everything and he throw temper tantrums already. I am not looking forward to the next few years with this crazy baby!!
Post a Comment