Saturday, October 30, 2010

BIRTHDAY BABY!!!

Guess who is 1!!!!! I just can't even believe how fast this year has gone. Jocelyn has been a really enjoyable baby. She is happy and smiles like 98% of the time.. She is patient with all of our excessive loving. She has got to be the most smooched/hugged/cuddled baby of all time. She is a great sister and her sisters are better sisters for having her. We all really feel that she is a blessing in our lives.
She learns and moves so quickly. Despite her eating everything and her unloading/trashing the house I really love how curious she is. I can just see the wheels in her happy little brain turning. She loves reading/eating books and cooking in the play kitchen. She really likes rearranging the real kitchen and the whole time her brain is just taking it all in.
She cruises along furniture and lifts her hands up when she forgets she is "supposed" to be hanging on. She gives great boy hug pats too when she hugs-it is so funny to be giving her a love and feel her patting me on the back. She is still pretty bald and really blonde but the top hair is growing a little bit. I love how she holds her hands out and says "All done" when she is done eating and screeches when she wants water. I love how good of a sport she is when she is stuck in her car seat and we drive Cami and Taryn all over to all their activities all week. Basically I just really love this sweet little girl and I really love all the happiness she brings to our family. She is a rock star!!!
We spent her birthday playing with friends in the morning, swinging at the park after nap time, and had a family party for dinner. She finally got to eat pizza for the first time (she has been begging for this for a long time) and she loved every minute of it. She also devoured birthday cake although she wasn't sure about how cold the ice cream was. I think she had a great day and I hope she has 365 more days of happiness til we celebrate her again.

In the front yard by the flowers on her big day.
The first birthday cake/ice cream exploration....With every kid I think I am going to remember to take the shirt off BEFORE the cake...Instead we invest in spray n wash and a bath...
Opening her presents...Yes it is chalk-the big size so she has plenty to eat AND color with...

2 comments:

Hanako said...

how is it possible that the time goes by so quickly?? all your girls are so beautiful!

Melissa said...

A year already? It does fly huh? She's so cute.