To shave or not to shave...that was my question....When Cami and Taryn were born they had brown hair.-not a ton but definitely it was there. Cami's hair grew in pretty good over the next year and by 18 months to 2 years old she had great pony tails. When she was three I got over zealous trimming her lovely locks and she ended up with a cute bob....after the hair cutter fixed the damage. Now it is super long and it still gets trimmed a few times a year.
Taryn has had more hair issues. It has grown really slow and unevenly....I started cutting it every couple of months since she was about 14 or 15 months old and it has slowly thickened up. The last hair cut she got all of her hair was finally the same length-no baby layers...(although it is stacked in the back but that is on purpose) and she is four....
So sweet baby Faye is blond blond blond...and bald bald bald....Well I want to avoid the four year grow out for this sweet girl (because it has been traumatic for Taryn to want to be Rapunzel then have her hair whacked so frequently).... So I have seen lots of people who swear that shaving a baby's head makes the hair grow in fast and evenly...I talked to hair dressers who say the same. But really...Shave your baby's head???
I just didn't know if I could....I talked to Brent about it and he voted no way...my mom definitely voted no. BUT I was curious and hey she was so blond anyway that the fuzz she had was invisible...so after debating I did shave it off. I then handed her to Brent who didn't notice until an hour and a half later when I said "um did you notice I shaved her?" Anyway, it wasn't a big change after all the worry and now it is starting to grow back in-on the back and the sides anyway....I'll let you know if it comes in on the front and if it is any more even than Taryn's....
Taryn has started using the word phenomenal lately and it is sooo funny. She has this high loud voice and speech is a struggle for her so to hear her say phenomenal cracks me up every time. The other day she walked out with a pickle between two crackers and said "Mom this pickle is phenomenal!" (she has always claimed to hate pickles...)
Cami wrote her first book report last week. This is what it said:
"Fancy Nancy"
She helps Bree plan her party.
She goes to her Grandparents party.
She goes to the butterfly garden.
She also drew a picture of the butterfly garden to finish it.
I thought her report was phenomenal! (Fancy Nancy Bonjour Butterfly by Jane OConner)
Saturday, March 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh I'm so tempted to try the shave! We have serious baby mullet issues around here. I wish I was as brave as you!
We did this with Jared. Well, we didn't "shave" his head but we gave him a buzz. The hair in the back was getting much longer than the hair on top. The mullet thing was much more acceptable about 20 years ago so we buzzed him. His hair came in nice and even after that.
I say "nay" to the shave way, but what do I know? My babies have always had lots of hair!!
I always used the clippers on my babies, but not a close shave. I just had to get rid of all those long stringy pieces, so I'd just put on a long guard and do the whole head. I don't know if it helped, but they definitely looked better as babies. This will be interesting to follow. Sadie has a good mullet going now too and I never trimmed her.
I'm all for shaving, but I don't have a girl so what do I know. My boys had full heads of hair! They are so adorable! Gabe sent a letter to Cami, well a picture really, we hope she loves it!
Post a Comment