Wednesday, July 12, 2017

eSmart Cami

Last spring Cami came to me with a flier for a camp she really wanted to do. I felt unsure about it since the kids would be staying in on camps dorms for a week and I didn't know if there was supervision, if they were coed, and if would actually be interesting/new information. After talking with Brent I told her she could go if she earned the money to pay for it (thinking that would derail her slightly....). BUT no she gang busted ahead. She babysat and worked really hard and earned enough. So off she went...Can I just say how quiet the house was and how much we missed her...All of the kids REALLY missed her...It's not like she's even loud ever but wow we just missed having her around. BUT she had SO much fun. For as much as she reads and writes (hours every day) she has a real aptitude and interest in science and math. I hope it sticks. Anyway, I made her write about her week below.

So this week I went to a summer camp called E-Smart. It is a camp based around STEM subjects. 
It was so much fun! We stayed in the Canyon View dorms on the Dixie State University Campus. We were there Monday through Friday and did many fun activities. We did a day trip to Zion, a swimming lab, a movie and pizza night, and tons of other STEM activities. In our spare time, we hung out in the dorms, ate in the awesome cafeteria, played pranks and games, and got to know new people. It was awesome!
The BEFORE picture...
Me and my friend Savannah. (She is the one in the blue.)
                                                          The AFTER:  End of camp; seeing siblings.
                                                             More end of camp
My team! We were the green team, a.k.a the "Hulkettes."
There were 8 teams of 10 girls, so 80 girls in total.

I learned tons of new things about this area of study, like more about comets, butterfly wings (the scales and color), how to add DNA to E-coli, how to tell the difference in between the Feline family and the Canis Family, and a ton of other fun science stuff. I learned so much!



No comments: