Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Cami lambi lou is 12

Yup, this happened. I have a kid that turned twelve. Luckily she is a nice kid and will ease us into the on coming teenage years....at least I hope for a gentle entrance into the teenage years....Cami is the most organized non procrastinator ever. I don't ever wonder what assignments she has because first she tells me a month in advance and second she makes lists like no other and third they are done way before they are due. It is such a great trait! She is a really responsible kid with everything from school to babysitting. She is great to play with the littles or anyone that shows up at our house. She often creates crazy new games so all ages can play. She is great at including people. She still reads like a maniac and was particularly excited to turn twelve so she could read hunger games. I told her a few years ago that she could read them until she was 12 or 13 or 14 and she latched onto 12 and didn't forget. She had all three books done about two days after her birthday...She will read anything and everything. She also makes really good choices that will make her happy and I so appreciate that. We got lucky that Cami is part of our family. She is a joy to be around and brings happiness to others too. She's a good one! 
Anyway, Cami's big day was on a Monday and she leaves for school by like 7 and didn't want to get up any earlier than she all ready has to so her daddy daughter breakfast date happened on Saturday. She graduated from Denny's breakfast to a real restaurant and tried real food-stuffed french toast (a milestone for her because she is the pickiest eater in the universe). Later that day I took her to a make up store for a make over. She had asked for make up for her birthday, and while I was surprised since she generally doesn't care about stuff like that, I wanted her to learn how so she wont be afraid to wear it if she wants. We also went shopping and got ice cream. So basically she had a good pre birthday celebration. 
On her actual birthday I got up and made cinnamon rolls (out of the can :) ). She went to school all day (wearing make up...but not done hootchily) then had family bday action that night. It was funny that she actually got gifts from boys this year....at least it was a nice boy....AHHHHHHH! Anyway, here's to hoping she has a great year because she is a kid that makes our years and days great!

Breakfast out with Brent-his tradition to take each kid out for breakfast on their birthdays...She is still talking about the awesome hot chocolate...
Her actual birthday with make up on....

She got a basket for her bike so she could ride to and from the library without her bags ripping from too much book weight....
Yes she did lose her last baby tooth and got her last set of braces on....Still such a cute smile!
She's a pretty on the outside and she is on the inside....which is really saying something.



No comments: