Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Girls Camp 2014

So I was asked to be in charge of girls camp for the girls in our area this year. I was sort of scared because they require skits and teen age girls have hormones and I hate being cold and the camp is WAY cold and going meant leaving all my own beautiful kiddos for the week...Luckily I had 24 GREAT reasons to have fun.
We focused a lot on being brave in the world today, particularly as it relates to communication. We talked about how we will be held accountable to God for the words we choose to use and the way we use them to love or hurt. We talked about being involved and present in our relationships and in the activities we are doing. (hard to do while txting etc...)
All the girls of course worked on camping skills like lighting fires, using compasses, and recognizing constellations. Actually our girls pretty much rocked it and all but two finished every activity necessary for certification (the two who didn't finish were sick so that was OK). 
I delegated all the skits and the girls were unbelievably funny. Seriously I wish I had video of their skits they did such a great job. 
A couple girls got sick (total bummer) and one bed roll went flying down I15 on the way home (also bummer but it was retrieved by a very brave lady and returned)....And while it was cold I still have all my digits in tact....
While I was gone Brent took a lot of time off work (during the day and worked late nights) and the kids also spent a lot of time playing with cousins....SO overall camp was a win win. I did come home and sleep for a solid 12 hours as sleep was a rare commodity up there but it was all good....Anyway here's a few pics....remember it is camp and personal hygiene of any sort is optional....





Our very own Dundee awards on paper plates...


No comments: