Monday, July 15, 2013

A good way to spend summer....with cousins!

We've had so much fun with our cousins this summer. After Brent's sister's family visited My two sisters came to town. One stayed a month and the other about 2 weeks. We all took swimming lessons from our favorite swimming teacher and then practically every afternoon we swam in an above ground portable pool in Grandma's backyard. 
Basically for a month it has been an epic party. We made spy books (with hidden compartments), mermaid tails, matching Maxi skirts, alkaselzer rockets, had a first annual garden party (loosely based on the rules for a garden party from The Office), a late night movie night with treats, Sunday afternoon games, and the list goes on and on...I feel like my kids really got to know their cousins and make memories that hopefully anchor them to family. I know I have the best kids in the world but my nieces and nephews are right up there with my own. I genuinely like all of them...

The girl cousins and their mermaid tails....Looking good little ladies!

PS-If any cousin/sister has more pictures of all adventures I would LOVE copies! PLEASE!?

No comments: