Thursday, May 30, 2013

Creed's first Campout


I think we accidentally forgot to take a picture of Creed's first camp out dang it! I can't find one any where but it did in fact happen. Maybe I forgot pictures because I was working on 2 hours of sleep from the night before (I got sucked into a teacher appreciation project for the PTA).
We went with a few families in the neighborhood to a place called Cedar Pockets. It is just off I-15 in the gorge but it feels like it is not right in the middle of a high trafficked area. We got there late afternoon and the kids played in the river. The river was so warm that we all had to sit in it. And the sand was really really soft in the river itself which meant it got crammed into every nook and cranny. Usually that is a good thing but camping is not really the best place to clean all the sand out of the nooks later...The kids all played really nice with each other and it was really relaxing.
After a great afternoon of river play we went back up the cliff area to our camp ground and roasted hot dogs and smores and starbursts....yes starbursts and they were way good.
Pretty much after dinner we party pooped and went to bed though I think our friends stayed up and enjoyed the stars. Creed did great except he woke up at like 4 am and wouldn't go back to sleep unless I was holding him and walking with him...
In the morning we made pancakes for breakfast (the only time I really like pancakes is when camping) and the we hit the river again for a few hours before heading home. It was a pretty great camping trip, especially considering it was only 20 minutes from home.

No comments: