Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Probably as good as it gets this year...






So I was really hoping to do Christmas cards this year but this is probably as good as it's going to get this year. There just has constantly been something going on as is the case in everyone's homes I am sure but I have just been slow getting life taken care of. So here's an annual top ten ish list...

1. We got a new car and have seat belts for all the kids-our current ones expected one and neighbors and carpools etc...It is a Ford of course and we were pleased to still feel a lot of brand loyalty.
2. Jocelyn got tubes in her ears and can speak in sentences now. It's great!
3. Taryn started kindergarten and has thrived! Her handwriting and math skills are amazing!
4. Cami started second grade and has become a HUGE reading fan. Currently she is addicted to some books called Fablehaven but has also LOVED the Harry Potter series and the Gregor Underlander series...
5. Brent got released from the Young Men's program at church after 3 3/4 years and has been home the last few Tuesday nights. Bed time is so much more peaceful. We are looking forward to lots more family time in the summers for boating and camping and hiking since he won't have to take boys camping hiking etc every weekend.
6. Amy enjoyed a 10 year anniversary trip to Hawaii now that we have been married 12 years (with Brent). It was so relaxing we brought home a great souvenir-a baby boy due in a few weeks.
7. Brent's business has taken off more and he now officially leases out office space instead of a bedroom at grandma's...
8. Cami started piano lessons and has her very first recital this week. She is playing I saw three ships come sailing in and maybe a couple others?
9. We took our first family trip to Disneyland and had a very magical time.
10. The girls had a great summer of swimming lessons and two great soccer seasons and a great year of dance.
11. Jocelyn is still in one piece despite her mad climbing skills which Amy claims as a personal victory-knock on wood.
12. Taryn has a loose tooth and is almost done with speech therapy after almost 3 years..She just needs to work on Rs and Th.
13. Cami got braces and lost several teeth and has been an amazing trooper over the whole process...
14. Brent has continued to sing in his boy choir and has had several great concerts. It is fun for him to fill some time with community service (lots of concerts at nursing homes and community events) and to learn more about singing.

Obviously I still can't count and the year has been full and we feel very blessed. We are excited for the little boy 2012 will bring and all the next adventures life has to offer. We hope all of you have a great 2012 and a fabulous holiday season!

4 comments:

about us said...

You might be the cutest pregnant girl I know! Thanks for the 2011 update!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

Could you guys be any cuter:???? NOpe! and I love your cute belly (little basketball stuck on your skinny little body).

Is Cami reading Fablehaven herself??? I just read the first one to Kai and there are some really hard words in there. He really like it though.

Angie said...

Oh, good; a blog! I like blogs. You did more than I did this year for a Christmas card. I love it!

HK Gartz's said...

HI Amy, Brent, and Girls
It was so fun to see you last summer in St George. I am so glad to have finally made it there after so many years! So fun to see you. Congratulations, we are so happy for your baby and wish you the best for the new year.

Love, All the Hong Kong Gartz's