Wow school started early this year and wow summer was way too short! Wow the house was quiet that afternoon and wow Jocelyn took a great nap!...I do really miss the girls and I catch myself clock watching until I can pick them up BUT it is nice to be able to get a couple hours of jobs done and have Jocelyn have a little peace.
Anyway, Cami started second grade and has a super nice teacher who she loves. Her teacher is really young but energetic and works really hard to challenge Cami. Taryn got lucky and got the same fab teacher Cami had in kindergarten. I must admit I was pretty worried for Taryn to be in such a structured place but so far so good. She has made new buddies quickly and came home with new phone numbers for play dates on the first day.
Taryn had a week of testing then got to start "real" school. This is a picture of the first day of "real" school. She is really proud of her backpack and yes, she did insist on the black leather when it was over 100 degrees....

TA-DA!!!! All ready to go but like three hours early.....

Taryn on her first day of school (just a testing day). She chose out just the perfect dress and of course insisted on curls in her hair.

Doesn't she look so grown up? What a pretty kid!

Cami anxious to get moving on her first day. We went to 7-yes 7-stores before she was satisfied with this bag and lunch box...She was excited to look older and doesn't really want any babyish cartoon stuff on her bags anymore....

Happily leaving the house and Taryn jealously watching from behind (in a nice way)...
So here's to a good happy year and tons of learning (and playing)!
1 comment:
Your girls are growing up!!! They looked so cute on the first day of school. I had to laugh at the boots. Nhaya was almost going to wear hers too that she bought. Funny girls. We miss you guys. We need some belly pictures please :)
Post a Comment