Friday, October 30, 2009

Surprise?! IT was to us too...

So three and a half weeks to go til baby's due. 7:15 wake Cami up for school choir. Sit on her bed and have a little cough-dang flu or whatever....Bend down to help her get her clothes off the floor and on her body. What the...that cannot be my water breaking....I totally just peed my pants. Brent enters - what are you doing...Either I just peed my pants or my water broke...Silence....I go to the bathroom and change...Still shloshing...Hmm...740 Brent drives Cami to school and suggests I call the Dr...no contractions so maybe I am just making this up....8:00 call Grandma so she can watch Taryn just in case...830 go pick up Cami from choir and get her to her classroom....and the Dr office calls and says quit messing around, you were dilated to a 4 yesterday when the contractions start you'd better be at the hospital unless Brent wants to deliver in the car...Get home and try to pack but really just wander around wondering is this really happening? I'm not packed or ready...I was really counting on having Halloween fun with the girls THEN doing baby prep. So we don't even have a name chosen out...930 get to the hospital and start feeling things....1030 they tell us people with the flu don't get to hold or see their babies for 48 hours...Amy starts to panic, Brent hacks up a lung....Amy crumbles and despite two previous unmedicated beautiful birth experiences begs for an epidural...they check me...I'm 7 cm and they call the anesthesiologist. 1130 ish? I say my back really hurts...They check me and say oh she's here...they scramble to get the Dr in the room...three contractions later 11:37 out pops the baby...Cami's not even home from school...wow that was fast. not really how I had planned to spend my morning...but they let us hold her and room with her...she just wasn't allowed in the regular nursery and we had to wear gowns and masks...a much better compromise.

What the crap is going on???

What the crap is going on???

Earlier than Taryn by a week but bigger than Taryn weight wise....But an inch and a half shorter... Pretty bald...Brent's big mother big toes and Amy's freaky long tongue...what a good mix.

After staying the full 48 hours (pediatricians request for being preterm) we get to go HOME!!!

My sister's LOVE me! Yes we are all still coughing and wearing masks and lathering up in hand sanitizer.

Time for a nap after such a busy few days!

Announcing Jocelyn Faye Weight
Born October 28, 2009

We couldn't possibly love her more or be more thankful for a healthy beautiful baby!

19 comments:

Melia said...

I am so stinkin' excited for your family. So happy that everyone is doing well. Hopefully you are settling into the new routine with ease.

I'll see you Monday with dinner.

Haven said...

WOW! Congratulations!!! That really WAS a fast delivery. I will try not to be jealous. ;)
She's beautiful, and I love the name Jocelyn. I've only known very wonderful people with that name.
She's going to think she was born on the wrong planet with all of you wearing masks all the time. :D

Do you need anything? Dinner? Foot rub?

thebush3 said...

I have been wondering how things were going - I could believe that you texted me back in regards to trunk-o-treating and "oh by the way - having a baby" - so did I give you the curse of water breaking with no contractions - I think that it is a little funny that it happend to you too. Anyway congrats!!!

about us said...

Oh yeah! It sounds like everything went well...although unexpected. I'm glad she's here and doing good and I LOVE the name choice!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

HOly CRAP IS right! She is SOOO beautiful! Happy but weird day eh :) I love your recounting of it best.

So did they ever get the epidural done before she started coming. That would stink to get one and then have it go so fast you get to deal with not feeling your legs for nothing. Can't wait to hear more details!

LOVE YOU GUYS!sorry to hear that you are all sick.

Ryan & Shar said...

Yippee!! She is absolutely adorable and so little!!! Can't wait to hold her.

Megan said...

Holy cow!!! What an amazing morning! I love the period of denial:) She is gorgeous! Congrats you guys!

Kourtney said...

She is so gorgeous! I missed her by like 2 days! I'm glad everyone is doing well, except of course for the hacking, and I bet her sisters just love her. Gabe says she is beautiful. So does Tristan!

Jade and Dot Nielson said...

Yaay! Congratulations! I just read the whole thing to Jade and then forced him to look at the pictures...he says she's cute. You know Jade, that's about all you're gonna get out of him:) Good job Mommy!

Amanda said...

Yay! Congratulations! So many beautiful Weight women running around. Hope you guys feel better soon and have a happier halloween than you had planned!

Reeve's said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I can't believe how fast it went for you. You have such cute girls. I hope you all get feeling well.

Karen said...

Congratulations Amy! My water broke with Ben 5 weeks early and I thought I had peed my pants too. I just wasn't expecting it so early. I changed my clothes 3 times before I figured it out! To my defense it was 3 am. She is beautiful. Hope you are all on the mend.

jomama said...

Nicely done! Perfect baby, hilarious blog post, good name choice! We hope you are all feeling better soon.

Ben and Anne said...

Love the name and I'm so happy for. Glad everything went well.

Melissa said...

What a story! Where have I been these past few days? She's a cutie and I love the name. Good luck you guys.

simple mom/wife said...

Congrats Weight Family! She's beautiful and has a beautiful name too! Hope the masks get to come off soon.

Noelle said...

Congrats....what a beautiful name to match such a beautiful baby!

KatandBlue said...

Congrats! I really liked the delivery of your story! Love ya!

Marissa said...

Congratulations!!! What a sweet little princess. Looking forward to reading more about her.