Thursday, September 03, 2009

A Trip to the Zoo...what is a hogle anyway?


When Brent got home from work Friday night he announced he had meetings in Park City on Monday and maybe we should spend the weekend up north. We packed the car and took off and it turned out to be a great weekend. Saturday morning we went to the Zoo. Grandma and Papa decided to join us and bring some of the cousins. At first I was sad that our girls aren't really of stroller age anymore because I was sure that after a few hours in the sun they would be done. But luckily I forgot that northern Utah is considerably cooler than what we are used to and it was overcast nearly the whole day. The timing couldn't have been better as all the animals seemed to have just had babies. We saw tiger babies, giraffe babies, and pictures of the elephant baby (he wasn't out yet). Taryn's favorite animals were the penguins and Cami just liked everything. After the zoo we spent the night with our good friends the Francoms. The kids had so much fun in the back yard and running all over. Sunday we had a great family dinner thanks to Carolyn and Michele cooking like it was thanksgiving. Monday the girls and I just hung out with Grandma and Papa in Heber while dad worked. His meetings lasted really late so we decided not to leave until early Tuesday morning. It was a very spontaneous very fun weekend and I hope the girls made a lot of fun family memories.






Bravely petting the turtle (both girls did it but Cami was very fast with the post pet hand sanitizer so the camera missed her).
Both girls kept climbing fences to be able to see the animals...I preferred just to hold them up a little so they didn't fall in and really get an upclose view.

Cami lost in thought...

Grandma and all the cousins taking a break.

There was a fun train ride and carolsel around the zoo and I think they were the highlights of the whole day. This is Taryn and Lily very excited to go.

This is Natalie Cami and Jakob in front and Papa and Grandma bringing up the rear.

Love Birds practicing self photography.

Swinging on Monday at Papa and Grandmas. Before we even went outside Taryn explained which color of swing she wanted and why...I couldn't figure it out until we got out there and I realized there really were two colors of swings and she totally knew what she was talking about. What an observant kid!

Cami and Daddy messing around cowboy style in the basement...One of the few times I have ever seen Brent embrace his inner Texan...


No comments: