Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Moment of Bad Parenting and Good Childing

Last Sunday we were getting late for church. The girls seemed to me to be taking FOREVER eating lunch. They kept getting up and messing around. Well I was tired from the 4th of July festivities the night before and having to wake up ten times to pee during the night. It seemed pretty rational for me to start getting ticked. I told both of the girls in very certain terms that they better quit messing around and sit down and eat. If they didn't they could go to their rooms and not eat lunch at all and be hungry during church.
I then went back to my room and started getting ready myself. Brent went to check on the girls a few minutes later and came in laughing.
He said "You know what Cami just told me? She told me "I think Mommy needs a Break! She was getting all mad at us and we didn't even do something wrong!" "
I asked him what he told her and he told her she was probably right about the break. That it was hard work to be making a baby and they should try SUPER hard to be helpful....
Anyway, now I can laugh at it but at the time I though what am I doing having another baby when I am making the two I all ready have miserable. I guess not all moments of parenting are perfect but at least I am lucky enough to have good childing even when I am not a good parent.

1 comment:

simple mom/wife said...

It is hard work, isn't it? If you're a bad parent for saying that though than I'm an awful parent. :) I've lost it lately!