After her graduation we bought a slip n slide and she went CRAZY! She totally loved the thing and spent like 2 1/2 hours playing on it in the heat of the day. That night she insisted doing it again for 45 minutes for family night. It has been a better summer toy than the usual blow up pool because it doesn't require the blowing up or the cleaning and the girls still love it.
The girls also had their dance recital and it went great! Cami for the first time was REALLY nervous to perform (scared to mess up-she is turning out to be her Daddy's perfectionist child). For this reason I think we need to keep up with it so she gets over it. Taryn pleasantly surprised us by actually dancing the right steps for most of it. YEA! and she said she had a good time even doing the steps so I think she is really learning. It was fun to watch. You know all those things about parenthood that no one tells you about and that your not really prepared for? I was REALLY unprepared to feel so intensely proud of my dancer girls-Cami for doing great in spite of fear and Taryn for finally following directions. I don't think I would ever in a zillion years have predicted myself feeling so happy and proud at a dance recital. Funny how that works... Anyway here's pictures of the latest event.
Cami saying the pledge of allegiance and singing patriotic songs...

Cami getting her diploma/scrapbook and special king sized candy bar for being able to count to 100 by the end of the year

Cami and Miss Megan. She really loved her and she will be hard to replace with a kindergarten teacher!

Post graduation party!



Taryn before the dance ready to go.

Cami before the dance checking on Taryn.-She really looks out for Taryn and is a great sister.

Taryn happy afterwards with her very own flower (a first)!

Cami after with her very own first flower.-She was REALLY psyched about the flower...

4 comments:
They really are about the cutest girls ever! Is it too soon to arrange a marriage between Cami and Konner? He's a big slip & slide fan too if that helps!
So cute! Don't ya just love those parent moments! It's so hard to watch them grow up though--I so agree!
"in a nice way" your blog is da BOMB to read :) I was loving reading about all the cute things your girls are doing.
So are you game for going on a trip with us? I have been dying to talk to you about it for months and months.
How are we going to get our husbands to take a break and stop working?
I want some Amy pictures please. I am impressed you guys have been blogging more actually. I think we reversed patterns in that area. Keep em coming. I LOVE Them.
Amy laughed at how proud of your dancers you were. Haven't I said that Never say never...I have been eating so many of my words lately. IT is good to be okay to change your mind right :)
They look so cute in there tutus!!
Post a Comment