Sunday, March 22, 2009

Quick camping trip

On Friday Brent was able to take off a few hours early and we decided to take advantage of the super warm weather and go camping. We always are excited for camping in the mountains but being so early in the year we decide to stay low enough to not freeze our bums off. We ended up at Gunlock Reservoir and it was honestly not the most scenic place but it was warm. It was funny after we got camp set up we just looked at each other and tried to figure out what to do next...Life has been to crowded lately and it took a minute for us to be able to relax once we got the chance. The highlight of Gunlock was that it was pretty isolated so the girls could wander and explore (and we still could see them for a long ways because of the lack of trees) and we weren't too worried. Brent also tried to teach them how to skip rocks but really the just preferred the bigger rocks making huge splashes. The girls of course got into the marshmallow roasting-they are my children after all. And it was amazing to see all the stars once it was dark. In the morning Brent made fabulous dutch oven omlet action for breakfast while we stayed inside and stayed warm. It was such a fun no stress outing that I can't wait for more all summer!

Taryn said to Cami-You be Alicia and I will be Diego and we will go rescue...I don't know what they found to rescue but it was fun to watch. Go Diego Go!


Daddy skipping rocks and the girls getting ready to chuck rocks as big as themselves in the lake.

Marshmellow stickies...the best kind...

My campfire posse.

3 comments:

Cody said...

What, no pictures of the pop-up trailer? I guess we have to not stand you up if we want to see it, huh? So sorry that happened. I got trapped in something I couldn't get out of.

Unknown said...

So fun! It looks like Texas camping to me. We need to go camping soon.

Haven said...

How fun! We have yet to take even S camping. We're so reclusive!

I didn't know you had a blog! Come on over to ours when you get a minute.