Thursday, November 20, 2008

Everyone needs a good laugh

Yesterday I took the girls shopping for Thanksgiving food. Cami asked what we needed to buy and I told her turkey. She said do daddies have to go hunting to get turkeys for dinner (She learned about pilgrims and Indians in preschool). I told her they used to but now we just go to Harmon's. She of course (she is a 20 question child) asked where Harmon's gets turkeys. I told her from a turkey farm. She then said where do turkey farms get them? Stumped I said well they just grow them from baby turkeys. She said wait there are turkey moms and dads and babies? I said yup thinking this would be the end of the discussion. After a minute she said "Awe, mom that's really sad. We eat turkeys? (finally realizing that meat is animal...) Do we have to get one?" I will have to let you know if she will actually eat any on thanksgiving...I doubt it.

This morning I took Taryn swimming. She was holding her breath and going under and floating etc. I said "Taryn you are a fish!" She said "I not a fish mommy. I a mermaid. See..."And off she went singing at the top of her lungs "ahahah"-the mermaid song.

4 comments:

Camille said...

that is just too cute! I love your girls!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

That is such a Cami thing :) Soo sweet...kind of reminds me of another little girl I know.

Can't wait to see you guys!

Megan said...

Cracks me up! Mr. Hunterman Adam gets lots of those, "Daddy, don't go hunt those poor deer!" pleadings from his daughters every now and then. What do you say to that? At least Adam doesn't bring one home very often:)

Reeve's said...

You have the cutest girls!