Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Brought to Tears...in a good way.

"The Dance Recital" was a new, hilarious experience for our family...After spending like over an hour wrestling the "twinkle stars" girls I decided that's it. We are NOT re registering for next fall. (I volunteered to help so I did ask for it.) Then it was their turn to dance and I was so proud of Cami. I knew she got nervous when she go to the floor but she sucked it up and grabbed Taryn's hand and walked out. She actually remembered most of the steps and really looked like a real ballerina. She could totally be on SO You Think You Can Dance. In the end Cami said she didn't like how the people clapped for her (it was too loud) and Taryn decided to do a solo most of the time....She got to the part where they have a floor move and just stayed down in the middle of the floor for an extended rest. Then by the end she just kept jumping and spinning in her own little world. At one point I was laughing so hard I was crying....in a good way. Girls you did great! I'm so lucky to be your mom!

Pre performance excitement (that went of for a month or two)
Taking the stage.

The beginning moves-the only place in the program where Taryn was actually doing the designated move at the right time....It got better from here.

Taryn going for the gold and kicking a poor little girl on the "aerobesc" move. I only know the name because the run around the house kicking and shouting "aerobesc! areobesc!"

The move that side tracked Taryn...


An extended floor pose for Taryn and Cami blowing a kiss to her "prince charming"
Taryn still on the floor and Cami working it on the last move.
Taryn realizing the dance is over and getting up to run off. Cami is holding the pose for just such a Kodak moment.

1 comment:

thebush3 said...

I want a little girl - how cute!!!