Thursday, October 11, 2007

Here we go again......

The time has come again for us to move.

I just accepted a job with a small start up company in St. George, Utah. The company has been around for 3 years and is working on developing new methods for DNA testing. I am really excited to get back to technology and product oriented work. I am also excited to see what it takes to put a company together and get it going. While we weren't exactly looking to live in St George the job opportunity was definitely not one to pass up so we are excited.

Everyone is excited about this move. Here are some of the things we are looking forward to.

Girls - They really want us to find a house with grass in the yard (it is hard to play soccer on rocks) and a neighborhood pool. They are also looking forward to being near cousins.

Amy - She is excited to be near family so we can participate more and help out too. She too is hoping for a few more amenities in our next house/ neighborhood or at least neighbors who don't appear to be drug dealers. :) (She will miss several good ones too though) Our current house just doesn't feel like home. Even thought she won't admit it, I think she is excited to be closer to scrap booking stores - make that any stores other than Smiths.

Brent - I am looking forward to my change in job and neighborhood. I am also really looking forward to a very small commute. Perhaps I will even make it home for lunch once in a while. I also find St. George more beautiful than Las Vegas (it has greenery-at least more than LV) which means better hiking.

We are going to move in with Amy's mom for a couple of weeks as we look for a home to rent. My last day of work here in Vegas is Oct. 19th, oddly enough 2 months after our accident. Once again we are reminded how quickly life can change and how the Lord does answer our prayers. We are all feeling better slowly but surely. The physical therapy has been great for Amy and me. Cami is still working things out in her head but she is having fewer nightmares which we are all thankful for.-Next step is to get her to sleep without every light on in the house...

Once we settle down, we will pass along address and phone information. We can always be reached at our email addresses and my phone will stay the same for a while.

8 comments:

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

Yeah!!! We are so happy for you guys! At least you will be close for our yearly visits. No puking next time...I promise :)

Hanako said...

congratulations on the new job! glad therapy is going well for you guys - I am finally out of therapy myself - and even got the all clear to start running. Hope the transition goes well!

thebush3 said...

We will be back in March - so I can see you guys and you can meet Dan - hopefully in March before he leaves again for 5 months to Ft. Huachuca - but we will then be in Cedar for a while. Let us know if the company needs anyone that speak Korean and/or Spanish!

Anonymous said...

The new job sounds like fun. I hope everything works out great with it.

Susan said...

Congrats on your new job, and good luck with the move. Eric has relatives in the St. George area, so maybe we'll have to stop in sometime :)

Megan said...

I am so happy for you guys! It sounds like this will be a great move! It is so nice to be near family. You guys are so awesome and I love the girls matching dresses! Good luck and keep blogging!

Shelton Family said...

Congratulations Brent on your new Job:)
Amy happy house hunting may you find one that meets everyone needs including your own:)

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

BTW tag your it...check out my blog to see what I mean...Maybe I will actually get Amy to post something :) Miss you guys hope the adjusting is going well.